Definitions of quote:
- noun: a passage or expression that is quoted or cited
- noun: a punctuation mark used to attribute the enclosed text to someone else
- verb: put quote marks around
- verb: repeat a passage from
Example: "He quoted the Bible to her"
- verb: refer to for illustration or proof
Example: "He said he could quote several instances of this behavior"
- verb: name the price of
Example: "Quote prices for cars"
Search for quote at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse