Definitions of putrid:
- adjective: of or relating to or attended by putrefaction
Example: "Putrid decomposition"
- adjective: morally corrupt or evil
Example: "The putrid atmosphere of the court"
- adjective: in an advanced state of decomposition and having a foul odor
Example: "Horrible like raw and putrid flesh- Somerset Maugham"
- adjective: having undergone infection
- adjective: offensively malodorous
Example: "A putrid smell"
Search for putrid at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Privacy, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse