Definitions of put up:
- verb: provide
Example: "The city has to put up half the required amount"
- verb: mount or put up
Example: "Put up a good fight"
- verb: put up with something or somebody unpleasant
- verb: provide housing for
- verb: propose as a candidate for some honor
- verb: put up
- verb: preserve in a can or tin
- verb: construct, build, or erect
Search for put up at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse