Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of put up:
- verb: provide
Example: "The city has to put up half the required amount"
- verb: mount or put up
Example: "Put up a good fight"
- verb: put up with something or somebody unpleasant
- verb: provide housing for
- verb: propose as a candidate for some honor
- verb: put up
- verb: preserve in a can or tin
- verb: construct, build, or erect
Search for put up at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...