Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of put in:
- verb: devote (time, effort, etc.) to a task
Example: "He put in three hours every day at the hospital"
- verb: make an application as for a job or funding
Example: "We put in a grant to the NSF"
- verb: break into a conversation
- verb: set up for use
Example: "We put in a new sink"
- verb: keep or lay aside for future use
- verb: to insert between other elements
- verb: introduce
Search for put in at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...