Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of put down:
- verb: cause to sit or seat or be in a settled position or place
- verb: put in a horizontal position
- verb: cause to come to the ground
- verb: make a record of; set down in permanent form
- verb: leave or unload, especially of passengers or cargo;
- verb: put down in writing; of texts, musical compositions, etc.
- verb: reduce in worth or character, usually verbally
Example: "She tends to put down younger women colleagues"
Search for put down at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...