Synonyms / Related
Definitions of put away:
- verb: turn away from and put aside, perhaps temporarily
- verb: kill gently, as with an injection
- verb: throw or cast away
Example: "Put away your worries"
- verb: eat up; usually refers to a considerable quantity of food
- verb: place in a place where something cannot be removed or someone cannot escape
- verb: lock up or confine, in or as in a jail
Search for put away at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...