Definitions of put away:
- verb: turn away from and put aside, perhaps temporarily
- verb: kill gently, as with an injection
- verb: throw or cast away
Example: "Put away your worries"
- verb: eat up; usually refers to a considerable quantity of food
- verb: place in a place where something cannot be removed or someone cannot escape
- verb: lock up or confine, in or as in a jail
Search for put away at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse