Definitions of purge:
- noun: an act of removing by cleansing; ridding of sediment or other undesired elements
- noun: the act of clearing yourself (or another) from some stigma or charge
- verb: oust politically
Example: "Deng Xiao Ping was purged several times throughout his lifetime"
- verb: rid of impurities
Example: "Purge the water"
- verb: excrete or evacuate (someone's bowels or body)
Example: "The doctor decided that the patient must be purged"
- verb: clear of a charge
- verb: make pure or free from sin or guilt
- verb: rinse, clean, or empty with a liquid
Example: "Purge the old gas tank"
- verb: eject the contents of the stomach through the mouth
Example: "He purged continuously"
Search for purge at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse