Definitions of purchase:
- noun: the acquisition of something for payment
Example: "They closed the purchase with a handshake"
- noun: a means of exerting influence or gaining advantage
Example: "He could get no purchase on the situation"
- noun: something acquired by purchase
- noun: the mechanical advantage gained by being in a position to use a lever
- verb: obtain by purchase; acquire by means of a financial transaction
Example: "The family purchased a new car"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #29795)
Search for purchase at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse