Definitions of puddle:
- noun: a mixture of wet clay and sand that can be used to line a pond and that is impervious to water when dry
- noun: something resembling a pool of liquid
Example: "His chair sat in a puddle of books and magazines"
- noun: a small body of standing water (rainwater) or other liquid
Example: "There were puddles of muddy water in the road after the rain"
- verb: make a puddle by splashing water
- verb: mess around, as in a liquid or paste
- verb: work a wet mixture, such as concrete or mud
- verb: dip into mud before planting
Example: "Puddle young plants"
- verb: subject to puddling or form by puddling
Example: "Puddle iron"
- verb: wade or dabble in a puddle
Example: "The ducks and geese puddled in the backyard"
- verb: make into a puddle
Example: "Puddled mire"
- verb: mix up or confuse
- verb: eliminate urine
Search for puddle at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Privacy, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2014 Datamuse