Definitions of providence:
- noun: the guardianship and control exercised by a deity
Example: "Divine providence"
- noun: the prudence and care exercised by someone in the management of resources
- noun: the capital and largest city of Rhode Island; located in northeastern Rhode Island on Narragansett Bay; site of Brown University
- noun: a manifestation of God's foresightful care for His creatures
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #25208)
Search for providence at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse