Definitions of prove:
- verb: be shown or be found to be
Example: "She proved to be right"
- verb: establish the validity of something, as by an example, explanation or experiment
- verb: prove formally; demonstrate by a mathematical, formal proof
- verb: obtain probate of
Example: "Prove a will"
- verb: take a trial impression of
- verb: put to the test, as for its quality, or give experimental use to
- verb: increase in volume
- verb: provide evidence for
- verb: cause to puff up with a leaven
Search for prove at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Privacy, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2014 Datamuse