Definitions of proposition:
- noun: a task to be dealt with
Example: "Securing adequate funding is a time-consuming proposition"
- noun: (logic) a statement that affirms or denies something and is either true or false
- noun: an offer for a private bargain (especially a request for sexual favors)
- noun: the act of making a proposal
- noun: a proposal offered for acceptance or rejection
- verb: suggest sex to
Example: "She was propositioned by a stranger at the party"
Search for proposition at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse