Definitions of proportion:
- noun: harmonious arrangement or relation of parts or elements within a whole (as in a design)
- noun: magnitude or extent
Example: "A building of vast proportions"
- noun: the quotient obtained when the magnitude of a part is divided by the magnitude of the whole
- noun: balance among the parts of something
- verb: give pleasant proportions to
- verb: adjust in size relative to other things
Search for proportion at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Privacy, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse