Synonyms / Related
Definitions of promenade:
- noun: a march of all the guests at the opening of a formal dance
- noun: a square dance figure; couples march counterclockwise in a circle
- noun: a public area set aside as a pedestrian walk
- noun: a formal ball held for a school class toward the end of the academic year
- noun: a leisurely walk (usually in some public place)
- verb: take a leisurely walk
Example: "The ladies promenaded along the beach"
- verb: march in a procession
Search for promenade at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...