Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of projection:
- noun: any structure that branches out from a central support
- noun: the representation of a figure or solid on a plane as it would look from a particular direction
- noun: a prediction made by extrapolating from past observations
- noun: the projection of an image from a film onto a screen
- noun: the acoustic phenomenon that gives sound a penetrating quality
Example: "Our ukuleles have been designed to have superior sound and projection"
- noun: (psychiatry) a defense mechanism by which your own traits and emotions are attributed to someone else
- noun: any solid convex shape that juts out from something
- noun: the act of expelling or projecting or ejecting
- noun: the act of projecting out from something
- noun: a planned undertaking
Search for projection at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...