Definitions of profound:
- adjective: of the greatest intensity; complete
Example: "A profound silence"
- adjective: showing intellectual penetration or emotional depths; from the depths of your being
Example: "The differences are profound"
- adjective: situated at or extending to great depth; too deep to have been sounded or plumbed
Example: "The profound depths of the sea"
- adjective: coming from deep within one
Example: "A profound sigh"
- adjective: far-reaching and thoroughgoing in effect especially on the nature of something
Example: "Profound social changes"
- adjective: (of sleep) deep and complete
Example: "Fell into a profound sleep"
Search for profound at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse