Synonyms / Related
Definitions of profile:
- noun: biographical sketch
- noun: an analysis (often in graphical form) representing the extent to which something exhibits various characteristics
Example: "A biochemical profile of blood"
- noun: a vertical section of the Earth's crust showing the different horizons or layers
- noun: a side view representation of an object (especially a human face)
- noun: degree of exposure to public notice
Example: "He prefers a low profile"
- verb: represent in profile, by drawing or painting
- verb: write about
Example: "The author of this article profiles a famous painter"
Search for profile at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...