Definitions of profane:
- verb: violate the sacred character of a place or language
Example: "Profane the name of God"
- verb: corrupt morally or by intemperance or sensuality
- adjective: not holy because unconsecrated or impure or defiled
- adjective: not sacred or concerned with religion
Example: "Sacred and profane music"
- adjective: grossly irreverent toward what is held to be sacred
Example: "Profane utterances against the Church"
- adjective: characterized by profanity or cursing
Example: "Profane words"
Search for profane at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2020 Datamuse