Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of pride:
- noun: unreasonable and inordinate self-esteem (personified as one of the deadly sins)
- noun: the trait of being spurred on by a dislike of falling below your standards
- noun: a feeling of self-respect and personal worth
- noun: satisfaction with your (or another's) achievements
Example: "He takes pride in his son's success"
- noun: a group of lions
- verb: be proud of
Example: "He prides himself on making it into law school"
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 33333 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #3507)
Search for pride at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...