Synonyms / Related
Definitions of prick:
- noun: the act of puncturing with a small point
Example: "He gave the balloon a small prick"
- noun: obscene terms for penis
- noun: a depression scratched or carved into a surface
- noun: insulting terms of address for people who are stupid or irritating or ridiculous
- verb: cause a stinging pain
Example: "The needle pricked his skin"
- verb: to cause a sharp emotional pain
Example: "The thought of her unhappiness pricked his conscience"
- verb: cause a prickling sensation
- verb: prod or urge as if with a log stick
- verb: make a small hole into, as with a needle or a thorn
Example: "The nurse pricked my finger to get a small blood sample"
- verb: raise
Example: "The dog pricked up his ears"
- verb: deliver a sting to
Search for prick at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...
Copyright © 2018 Datamuse