Definitions of price:
- noun: the high value or worth of something
Example: "Her price is far above rubies"
- noun: value measured by what must be given or done or undergone to obtain something
Example: "The price of success is hard work"
- noun: a reward for helping to catch a criminal
Example: "The cattle thief has a price on his head"
- noun: United States operatic soprano (born 1927)
- noun: the amount of money needed to purchase something
Example: "The price of gasoline"
- noun: cost of bribing someone
Example: "They say that every politician has a price"
- noun: the property of having material worth (often indicated by the amount of money something would bring if sold)
Example: "He puts a high price on his services"
- verb: determine the price of
Example: "The grocer priced his wares high"
- verb: ascertain or learn the price of
Example: "Have you priced personal computers lately?"
- name: A surname (very common: 1 in 1010 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #76)
Search for price at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia