Synonyms / Related
Definitions of prey:
- noun: animal hunted or caught for food
- noun: a person who is the aim of an attack (especially a victim of ridicule or exploitation) by some hostile person or influence
Example: "He fell prey to muggers"
- verb: profit from in an exploitatory manner
- verb: prey on or hunt for
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #45828)
Search for prey at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...