Definitions of preventative:
- noun: remedy that prevents or slows the course of an illness or disease
Example: "The doctor recommended several preventatives"
- noun: an agent or device intended to prevent conception
- noun: any obstruction that impedes or is burdensome
- adjective: tending to prevent or hinder
- adjective: preventing or contributing to the prevention of disease
Search for preventative at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse