Definitions of presume:
- verb: constitute reasonable evidence for
Example: "A restaurant bill presumes the consumption of food"
- verb: take liberties or act with too much confidence
- verb: take to be the case or to be true; accept without verification or proof
- verb: take upon oneself; act presumptuously, without permission
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #79596)
Search for presume at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse