Definitions of preserve:
- noun: a reservation where animals are protected
- noun: a domain that seems to be specially reserved for someone
Example: "Medicine is no longer a male preserve"
- noun: fruit preserved by cooking with sugar
- verb: prevent (food) from rotting
Example: "Preserved meats"
- verb: keep undisturbed for personal or private use for hunting, shooting, or fishing
Example: "Preserve the forest and the lakes"
- verb: to keep up and reserve for personal or special use
- verb: keep in safety and protect from harm, decay, loss, or destruction
Example: "We preserve these archeological findings"
- verb: maintain in safety from injury, harm, or danger
- verb: keep or maintain in unaltered condition; cause to remain or last
Example: "Preserve the peace in the family"
Search for preserve at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2020 Datamuse