Definitions of prepare:
- verb: lead up to and soften by sounding the dissonant note in it as a consonant note in the preceding chord
Example: "Prepare the discord in bar 139"
- verb: prepare (someone) for a future role or function
Example: "The prince was prepared to become King one day"
- verb: to prepare verbally, either for written or spoken delivery
Example: "Prepare a report"
- verb: make ready or suitable or equip in advance for a particular purpose or for some use, event, etc
Example: "Prepare for war"
- verb: undergo training or instruction in preparation for a particular role, function, or profession
- verb: create by training and teaching
- verb: arrange by systematic planning and united effort
- verb: prepare for eating by applying heat
Search for prepare at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse