Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of precipitation:
- noun: an unexpected acceleration or hastening
Example: "He is responsible for the precipitation of his own demise"
- noun: the act of casting down or falling headlong from a height
- noun: the falling to earth of any form of water (rain or snow or hail or sleet or mist)
- noun: the process of forming a chemical precipitate
- noun: the quantity of water falling to earth at a specific place within a specified period of time
Example: "The storm brought several inches of precipitation"
- noun: overly eager speed (and possible carelessness)
Search for precipitation at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Descriptive words for precipitation (New!)
Announcing the 2016 RhymeZone Poetry Prize
Read and comment on a recent entry: American Mink
Copyright © 2016 Datamuse