Definitions of prayer:
- noun: the act of communicating with a deity (especially as a petition or in adoration or contrition or thanksgiving)
Example: "The priest sank to his knees in prayer"
- noun: a fixed text used in praying
- noun: reverent petition to a deity
- noun: someone who prays to God
- noun: earnest or urgent request
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #28471)
Search for prayer at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Privacy, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse