Definitions of possession:
- noun: anything owned or possessed
- noun: the act of having and controlling property
- noun: (sport) the act of controlling the ball (or puck)
Example: "They took possession of the ball on their own goal line"
- noun: a territory that is controllled by a ruling state
- noun: being controlled by passion or the supernatural
- noun: a mania restricted to one thing or idea
- noun: the trait of resolutely controlling your own behavior
Search for possession at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Privacy, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse