Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of popular:
- adjective: regarded with great favor, approval, or affection especially by the general public
Example: "A popular tourist attraction"
- adjective: (of music or art) new and of general appeal (especially among young people)
- adjective: carried on by or for the people (or citizens) at large
Example: "The popular vote"
- adjective: representing or appealing to or adapted for the benefit of the people at large
Example: "A democratic or popular movement"
- adjective: comprehensible to the general public
Example: "Written for the popular press in plain nontechnical language"
Search for popular at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...