Definitions of poor:
- adjective: low in degree
Example: "Expectations were poor"
- adjective: having little money or few possessions
Example: "Deplored the gap between rich and poor countries"
- adjective: badly supplied with desirable qualities or substances
Example: "A poor land"
- adjective: characterized by or indicating lack of money
Example: "The country had a poor economy"
- adjective: unsatisfactory
Example: "A poor light for reading"
- adjective: not sufficient to meet a need
Example: "A poor salary"
- adjective: moderate to inferior in quality
Example: "He would make a poor spy"
- adjective: yielding little by great labor
Example: "Poor soil"
- adjective: deserving or inciting pity
Example: "Oh, you poor thing"
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #8797)
Search for poor at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse