Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of pole:
- noun: a long (usually round) rod of wood or metal or plastic
- noun: one of the two ends of a magnet where the magnetism seems to be concentrated
- noun: a long fiberglass sports implement used for pole vaulting
- noun: one of two divergent or mutually exclusive opinions
Example: "They are at opposite poles"
- noun: one of two antipodal points where the Earth's axis of rotation intersects the Earth's surface
- noun: one of two points of intersection of the Earth's axis and the celestial sphere
- noun: a native or inhabitant of Poland
- noun: a contact on an electrical device (such as a battery) at which electric current enters or leaves
- noun: a square rod of land
- noun: a linear measure of 16.5 feet
- verb: deoxidize molten metals by stirring them with a wooden pole
- verb: support on poles
Example: "Pole climbing plants like beans"
- verb: propel with a pole
Example: "Pole barges on the river"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #34976)
Search for pole at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...
Copyright © 2018 Datamuse