Definitions of plunge:
- noun: a steep and rapid fall
- noun: a brief swim in water
- verb: begin with vigor
Example: "She plunged into a dangerous adventure"
- verb: cause to be immersed
Example: "The professor plunged his students into the study of the Italian text"
- verb: dash violently or with great speed or impetuosity
Example: "She plunged at it eagerly"
- verb: fall abruptly
Example: "It plunged to the bottom of the well"
- verb: thrust or throw into
- verb: drop steeply
Example: "The stock market plunged"
- verb: engross (oneself) fully
- verb: immerse briefly into a liquid so as to wet, coat, or saturate
Search for plunge at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse