Definitions of plump:
- noun: the sound of a sudden heavy fall
- verb: give support (to) or make a choice (of) one out of a group or number
Example: "I plumped for the losing candidates"
- verb: drop sharply
- verb: make fat or plump
Example: "We will plump out that poor starving child"
- verb: set (something or oneself) down with or as if with a noise
- adjective: euphemisms for slightly fat
Example: "Pleasingly plump"
- adverb: straight down especially heavily or abruptly
Example: "The anchor fell plump into the sea"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #21326)
Search for plump at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse