Definitions of pluck:
- noun: the act of pulling and releasing a taut cord
- noun: the trait of showing courage and determination in spite of possible loss or injury
- verb: strip of feathers
Example: "Pluck the capon"
- verb: pull lightly but sharply with a plucking motion
Example: "He plucked the strings of his mandolin"
- verb: pull or pull out sharply
Example: "Pluck the flowers off the bush"
- verb: sell something to or obtain something from by energetic and especially underhanded activity
- verb: look for and gather
- verb: rip off; ask an unreasonable price
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #49966)
Search for pluck at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse