Definitions of plot:
- noun: a secret scheme to do something (especially something underhand or illegal)
Example: "They concocted a plot to discredit the governor"
- noun: the story that is told in a novel or play or movie etc.
Example: "The characters were well drawn but the plot was banal"
- noun: a chart or map showing the movements or progress of an object
- noun: a small area of ground covered by specific vegetation
Example: "A bean plot"
- verb: plan secretly, usually something illegal
Example: "They plotted the overthrow fo the government"
- verb: make a plat of
- verb: make a schematic or technical drawing of that shows how things work or how they are constructed
Search for plot at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse