Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of plop:
- noun: the noise of a rounded object dropping into a liquid without a splash
- verb: drop with the sound of something falling into water
- verb: drop something with a plopping sound
- verb: set (something or oneself) down with or as if with a noise
- adverb: with a short hollow thud
Example: "Plop came the ball down to the corner of the green"
Search for plop at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...