Definitions of pledge:
- noun: a drink in honor of or to the health of a person or event
- noun: someone accepted for membership but not yet fully admitted to the group
- noun: a deposit of personal property as security for a debt
Example: "His saxophone was in pledge"
- noun: a binding commitment to do or give or refrain from something
Example: "Signed a pledge never to reveal the secret"
- verb: pay (an amount of money) as a contribution to a charity or service, especially at regular intervals
Example: "I pledged $10 a month to my favorite radio station"
- verb: promise solemnly and formally
Example: "I pledge that will honor my wife"
- verb: bind or secure by a pledge
Example: "I was pledged to silence"
- verb: give as a guarantee
Example: "I pledge my honor"
- verb: propose a toast to
Search for pledge at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse