Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of plaster:
- noun: adhesive tape used in dressing wounds
- noun: a hardened surface of plaster (as on a wall or ceiling)
Example: "There were cracks in the plaster"
- noun: a mixture of lime or gypsum with sand and water; hardens into a smooth solid; used to cover walls and ceilings
- noun: any of several gypsum cements; a white powder (a form of calcium sulphate) that forms a paste when mixed with water and hardens into a solid; used in making molds and sculptures and casts for broken limbs
- noun: a medical dressing consisting of a soft heated mass of meal or clay that is spread on a cloth and applied to the skin to treat inflamed areas or improve circulation etc.
- verb: coat with plaster
- verb: apply a heavy coat to
- verb: apply a plaster cast to
Example: "Plaster the broken arm"
- verb: affix conspicuously
Example: "She plastered warnings all over the wall"
- verb: cover conspicuously, as by pasting something on
Example: "The demonstrators plastered the hallways with posters"
- verb: dress by covering with a therapeutic substance
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #13679)
Search for plaster at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...
Copyright © 2018 Datamuse