Definitions of plague:
- noun: an annoyance
Example: "Those children are a damn plague"
- noun: any large scale calamity (especially when thought to be sent by God)
- noun: any epidemic disease with a high death rate
- noun: a serious (sometimes fatal) infection of rodents caused by Yersinia pestis and accidentally transmitted to humans by the bite of an infected rat flea (especially bubonic plague)
- noun: a swarm of insects that attack plants
Example: "A plague of grasshoppers"
- verb: cause to suffer a blight
- verb: annoy continually or chronically
Search for plague at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Privacy, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse