Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of pin:
- noun: a small slender (often pointed) piece of wood or metal used to support or fasten or attach things
- noun: a piece of jewelry that is pinned onto the wearer's garment
- noun: flagpole used to mark the position of the hole on a golf green
- noun: cylindrical tumblers consisting of two parts that are held in place by springs; when they are aligned with a key the bolt can be thrown
- noun: informal terms of the leg
- noun: a club-shaped wooden object used in bowling; set up in groups as a target
- noun: a holder attached to the gunwale of a boat that holds the oar in place and acts as a fulcrum for rowing
- noun: axis consisting of a short shaft that supports something that turns
- noun: a number you choose and use to gain access to various accounts
- noun: small markers inserted into a surface to mark scores or define locations etc.
- noun: when a wrestler's shoulders are forced to the mat
- verb: immobilize a piece
- verb: attach or fasten with pins
- verb: pierce with a pin
Example: "Pin down the butterfly"
- verb: to hold fast or prevent from moving
Example: "The child was pinned under the fallen tree"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #26170)
Search for pin at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...
Copyright © 2018 Datamuse