Definitions of pillar:
- noun: a fundamental principle or practice
Example: "Science eroded the pillars of superstition"
- noun: a prominent supporter
Example: "He is a pillar of the community"
- noun: (architeture) a tall cylindrical vertical upright and used to support a structure
- noun: a vertical structure standing alone and not supporting anything (as a monument or a column of air)
- noun: anything tall and thin approximating the shape of a column or tower
Example: "A thin pillar of smoke betrayed their campsite"
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #15084)
Search for pillar at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse