Definitions of piggyback:
- verb: support on the back and shoulders
Example: "He piggybacked her child so she could see the show"
- verb: carry on the back or shoulders
Example: "She piggybacked a sick classmate to school"
- verb: haul by railroad car
- verb: haul truck trailers loaded with commodities on railroad cars
- verb: ride on someone's shoulders or back
- adverb: on the back or shoulder or astraddle on the hip
Example: "She carried her child piggyback"
- adverb: on a railroad flatcar
Example: "The trailer rode piggyback across the country"
Search for piggyback at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia