Definitions of pickup:
- noun: the act of taking aboard passengers or freight
- noun: the act or process of picking up or collecting from various places
Example: "Garbage pickup is on Mondays and Thursdays"
- noun: a light truck with an open body and low sides and a tailboard
- noun: anything with restorative powers
Example: "She needed the pickup that coffee always gave her"
- noun: the attribute of being capable of rapid acceleration
Example: "His car has a lot of pickup"
- noun: a warrant to take someone into custody
Example: "Put out a pickup on that man"
- noun: a casual acquaintance; often made in hope of sexual relationships
- noun: an electro-acoustic transducer that is the part of the arm of a record player that holds the needle and that is removable
- noun: mechanical device consisting of a light balanced arm that carries the cartridge
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #29827)
Search for pickup at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...