Definitions of pepper:
- noun: sweet and hot varieties of fruits of plants of the genus Capsicum
- noun: pungent seasoning from the berry of the common pepper plant of East India; use whole or ground
- noun: climber having dark red berries (peppercorns) when fully ripe; southern India and Sri Lanka; naturalized in northern Burma and Assam
- noun: any of various tropical plants of the genus Capsicum bearing peppers
- verb: add pepper to
Example: "Pepper the soup"
- verb: attack and bombard with or as if with missiles
- name: A surname (common: 1 in 16666 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #2274)
Search for pepper at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse