Definitions of pelt:
- noun: body covering of a living animal
- noun: the dressed hairy coat of a mammal
- verb: cast, hurl, or throw repeatedly with some missile
Example: "They pelted each other with snowballs"
- verb: rain heavily
- verb: attack and bombard with or as if with missiles
Example: "Pelt the speaker with questions"
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #13193)
Search for pelt at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Copyright © 2014 Datamuse