Definitions of peanut:
- noun: pod of the peanut vine containing usually 2 nuts or seeds; `groundnut' and `monkey nut' are British terms
- noun: a young child who is small for his age
- noun: widely cultivated American plant cultivated in tropical and warm regions; showy yellow flowers on stalks that bend over to the soil so that seed pods ripen underground
- noun: underground pod of the peanut vine
- adjective: of little importance or influence or power; of minor status
Example: "Peanut politicians"
Search for peanut at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse