Definitions of pawn:
- noun: borrowing and leaving an article as security for repayment of the loan
- noun: (chess) the least powerful piece; moves only forward and captures only to the side; it can be promoted to a more powerful piece if it reaches the 8th rank
- noun: an article deposited as security
- noun: a person used by another to gain an end
- verb: leave as a guarantee in return for money
Example: "Pawn your grandfather's gold watch"
Search for pawn at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse