Definitions of pattern:
- noun: a model considered worthy of imitation
Example: "The American constitution has provided a pattern for many republics"
- noun: a customary way of operation or behavior
Example: "They changed their dietary pattern"
- noun: a decorative or artistic work
- noun: something regarded as a normative example
- noun: something intended as a guide for making something else
Example: "A pattern for a skirt"
- noun: a perceptual structure
Example: "A visual pattern must include not only objects but the spaces between them"
- noun: graphical representation (in polar or cartesian coordinates) of the spatial distribution of radiation from an antenna as a function of angle
- noun: the path that is prescribed for an airplane that is preparing to land at an airport
Example: "The traffic patterns around O'Hare are very crowded"
- verb: form a pattern
Example: "These sentences pattern like the ones we studied before"
- verb: plan or create according to a model or models
Search for pattern at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse