Definitions of patient:
- noun: a person who requires medical care
Example: "The number of emergency patients has grown rapidly"
- noun: the semantic role of an entity that is not the agent but is directly involved in or affected by the happening denoted by the verb in the clause
- adjective: enduring trying circumstances with even temper or characterized by such endurance
Example: "A patient smile"
- adjective: enduring without protest or complaint
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #69269)
Search for patient at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse